At HANDSOM, we strive to create a working environment that is friendly, creative, and stimulating. Our head office is situated above our Gertrude Street store, in the heart of Fitzroy. From here, our small design team works closely with our talented retail team, and we encourage collaboration and initiative.
Here are some ways you can join HANDSOM:
We are searching for an experienced assistant store manager to support our store manager with the daily operations of our Gertrude Street store. The assistant store manager’s responsibilities include training casual and junior staff, managing inventory, ensuring a safe, clean and aesthetically pleasing store environment, and – above all – ensuring that an exceptional level of customer service is upheld. The assistant store manager should be confident and reliable, and should also be able to promptly address and resolve customer queries and any staff issues.
Key responsibilies include:
– Assisting the store manager and design team in all areas of daily business operations, human resources, customer service and visual merchandising.
– Maintaining a high level of customer service that demonstrates repeat customer sales and brand loyalty.
– Ensuring and maintaining consistency in brand to customer communication – both verbal and written.
– Training, supervising and supporting employees, with a view to ensuring a consistent customer service experience is achieved.
– Coordinating, monitoring and reporting on daily operations – to be communicated on a weekly basis to store manager and design team.
– Monitoring and supporting sales team with essential daily procedures – including but not limited to – required use of rostering software, POS system, E-commerce platform and communication channels.
– Ensuring the sales team is functioning efficiently and maximising sales opportunities.
– Maintaining a high level of personal and store presentation standards.
To apply for this position, please submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking to connect with curious and passionate individuals. If you feel that you have something exciting to offer, please don't hesitate to please submit your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com telling us why you want to work at HANDSOM and what you’d like to do.
If there is an opening that matches your skills and qualifications, we will be in touch.